Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 is blocking EQ6. You need to allow the program to run. This error 42 is your computer's way of asking you for more permission.
Windows Vista or Windows 7
The short way
- Hold down your keyboard SHIFT key and Right-click the EQ6 shortcut on your desktop.
- Choose Run As, or Run..., or Run As Administrator from the menu.
- Allow this or click Yes, then continue on with the activation.
The long way
- Click START > Computer.
- Double-click on your local disk C drive.
- Double-click these folders: Program Files > Electric Quilt Company > EQ6.
- In the opened EQ6 folder you will see two red and white files.
- Right-click on the red and white EQ6 file that is an application file.
- Choose Run as administrator.
- Choose to Allow this or click Yes and then continue with the activation.
- Hit the Windows button on your keyboard to bring up the Start screen.
- Right click or swipe up and select All Apps.
- Under the Electric Quilt heading, right click or press and hold on EQ6.
- In the menu that appears at the bottom of the screen, select Run as Administrator.
- Click Yes to allow EQ6 to run.