Error code 5013 means you've exceeded the number of activations allowed on your EQ7 license key.
EQ7 can be installed and activated unlimited times, but only 2 computers can be activated at one time
. You can "turn on" and "turn off" activations to choose which computers you want to work on.
Watch this video
Watch this video to learn more about the activation process.
How to deactivate your EQ7
- Press the Windows Key on your keyboard to bring up the Start screen.
- Right click on an empty area of the start screen.
- Select "All Apps" from the menu that appears at the bottom of the screen.
- In the list of programs that appear, under the "Electric Quilt" heading, click on "EQ7 Deactivate this Computer".
Windows 7, Vista, or XP
Click START > Programs > Electric Quilt > EQ7 > EQ7 Deactivate this Computer.
This will return the activation to the activation server so that you can use it in the future on the same computer or on a different one. You can quickly and easily reactivate by clicking on the EQ7 icon. The activation process will begin automatically.
- Launch the Electric Quilt App.
- In the menu bar at the top of the screen, go to Electric Quilt > Deactivate.
After you deactivate one of your other computers, your activation should succeed on the new computer.
You have control over your activations and The Electric Quilt Company only needs to step in if a computer died, and you were unable to deactivate EQ7 before it died.
Contacting us about a dead activation
Before contacting technical support about a dead activation, please do the following steps on your other computer with a working EQ7 installation to help us identify the dead activation in our system:
- Connect to the internet.
- Do NOT double-click to open EQ7.
- Hold down your keyboard SHIFT key as you Right-click on EQ7 and choose Open from the menu.
- Go through all the activation steps.
After completing the steps above, please call or email technical support.
Live technical support M-F, 9am-5pm EST.
Call 419-352-1134 or contact techsupport