BlockBase can be linked to EQ7 so the blocks can be used in quilts
Linking Blockbase to EQ7 (PC)
BlockBase should link automatically:
- In EQ7 or EQ6 go to LIBRARIES > Block Library.
- Click Link Library.
- Click Auto Add.
If it does not find BlockBase, click Add > type: BlockBase > browse to C drive, do you see BB2 there? If so open BB2 and click the LIB folder, to select it.
If you do not see BB2 on C drive, click Program Files (x86) > click Electric Quilt Company > click BlockBase > click LIB to select it.
- Click OK, OK, Close.
Linking BlockBase to EQ7 (Mac)
To copy the BlockBase blocks, in order to access them from EQ7 for Mac, you must first have a copy of BlockBase installed on a Windows computer. (BlockBase is a Windows program. There is not a way to access the blocks directly from the CD.)
- On your PC, click START > Computer > C drive. Do you see BB2 there? If so, go to the next step.
If not, click Program Files (or Program Files x86) > Electric Quilt Company > BlockBase.
- Open the BB2 folder OR open the BlockBase folder. You will see a LIB folder.
- Open the LIB folder. Select all files ending in .BLK. Then use CTRL+C to copy all of the files ending in .BLK. Save them to a USB stick.
- On the Mac, with EQ7 closed > go to your USB drive. Use Command+C to copy the .blk files from the USB stick.
- Go to Documents > My EQ7 > Add on Libraries > create a new folder called BlockBase > open this new folder and paste (Command+V) the copied .BLK files inside.
Now, when you open EQ7 > LIBRARIES > Block Library you should be linked to BlockBase.
Linking BlockBase to EQ5
- On the FILE menu, click Preferences.
- Click the Directories tab.
- Anything in the list that has a red “not found” next to it is either a product you do not have installed on your computer, or a product you have installed somewhere other than the default location.
- Click on BlockBase.
- Click the Modify button.
- Navigate to the LIB folder by starting at C drive. Do you see BB2 there? If so, go to the next step.
If not, click Program Files (or Program Files x86) > Electric Quilt Company > BlockBase. Be sure the LIB folder is selected.
- Click OK.
- The icon should change from a red “not found” to a green “ok.”