This tells you how to find the project files in Stitched with Love, copy them, and open them up in EQ7 (PC). (These projects can also be used in EQ7 for Mac, although Stitched with Love needs to first be installed on a Windows computer to gain access to the projects. They are not available directly from the CD.)
Find the Stitched with Love project files on the hard drive
- Click START (or on Win 8 or 10 hold down the keyboard Windows key and type E) > click Computer).
- Double-click C:\ drive.
- Double-click Program Files(or Program Files x86).
- Double-click Electric Quilt Company.
- Double-click the Magic folder.
- Double-click the Projects folder. It opens, displaying projects.
Some of the projects contain only fabrics, blocks, or motifs. The projects you want (with the quilts) are the last nine projects in the list:
- Chap 2a.pj4
- Chap 2b.pj4
- Chap 2c.pj4
- Chap 2d.pj4
- Chap 4a.pj4
- Chap 4b.pj4
- Chap 4c.pj4
- Chap 1.pj4
- Chap 3.pj4
Copy the projects and paste them into the PJ7 (project) folder
- Holding down the CTRL key, click each project listed above, to select them all.
- Use CTRL+C to Copy.
- Use the Back arrow to get back to (My) Documents folder.
- Double-click (My) Documents.
- Double-click the My EQ7 folder.
- Double-click the PJ7 folder.
- Use CTRL+V to Paste.
You’ll now have copies of the SWL projects in EQ7.
Open a SWL project in EQ7
The SWL projects are EQ4 projects. So you will not see them in the list of Existing Projects, and must open them this way:
- Click the Open an Existing Project tab (it appears immediately when you open EQ). OR On the FILE menu, click Open.
- Click the folder marked “Click here to open a project not listed above”. This brings up a standard Windows search directory, allowing you to open a folder anywhere on your computer.
- Click the down arrow beside the “Look in” box, to drop the list.
- Scroll to find (My) Documents\My EQ7\PJ7 and click it.
- Click the down arrow beside the “Files of type” box and change the type to Previous Versions. You will now see the projects listed.
- Click on any project.
- Click the Open button.
Save the Project in EQ7
After you open a project you can save it, to change it into an EQ7 project.
- Close the Sketchbook.
- Click FILE > Save as.
- Navigate in the “Save in” window to (My) Documents >My EQ7>PJ7.
- Name the project.
- Click Save. The project will now appear in your list of Existing Projects.