Setting stencils on your quilt design
On the QUILT worktable, Layer 3 is the layer to use for Quilting Stitches on your quilt. Any block (or quilting stencil from EQ7’s Block Library) will show up as a quilting design with dotted lines when you set it on Layer 3.
Some Layer 3 helps
- In the User Manual, see Chapter 5 for all information about using Layer 3.
- For practice, work through Lesson 6 under Quilts found here in EQ7: HELP > EQ Lessons > Quilt Lessons.
- Also, in EQ7 see HELP > How do I? > How to: Quilts > “How do I set stencils quickly and accurately.”
Printing quilting stencils
- Select the block on the quilt on the Quilt worktable (be on Layer 3), or edit the block from the Sketchbook to the Block worktable.
- Click FILE > Print > Block. (If printing from the Quilt worktable, leave the size as “Use size from quilt.” If printing from the Block workable, type in the desired size.)
- Choose the style “Quilting stencil.”
- Click the Options tab. Make the selections you’d like.
- Click Preview and you’ll see your quilting stencil.
- Click Print.