Color tools do not bring up the palette of fabrics and colors
If you do not see a palette of fabrics and colors when you click a Color tool, the palette may be displaying off the right of the screen, where you cannot see it. (This can happen if you change screen resolution, or connect to a separate monitor or projector screen.)
Option 1: Restoring EQ
Restoring EQ back to its default settings will bring the palette back into view. You will not lose any projects, but you may need to re-add tools to your toolbars as the program gets set back to its defaults.
- Click FILE on the main menu bar.
- Click Preferences.
- Click Restore.
- Click the Restore Default Settings button.
- You’ll be warned that EQ will need to close. Click OK.
- Reopen EQ. When you click any color tool you should now see the Fabrics and Colors palette again.
Option 2: Using the keyboard to move the palette back (without restoring)
- Click the Paintbrush tool.
- Use ALT + SPACEBAR + M. (Hold down your Alt + Spacebar keys as you type the M key. The access key “M” is for Move.)
- Now use the Left arrow key on your keyboard to move the palette back into view.