How do I combine two blocks?
EQ7 can merge 2 blocks, letting you set a block inside a Variable Star, or set a block on the side of a Barn block. This lets you make new blocks without drawing.
- Start on the Block worktable, with the blocks in your Sketchbook. The block you want as your “background” block must have a square, rectangle or parallelogram.
- Click BLOCK > Serendipity > Merge Block.
- In the left block column, click the block you want as the background.
- In the right block column, click the block you want to merge into the background.
- In the middle, you can click a different spot on the block to change the merged block’s location. You can also click to rotate the merged block.
- Click Add to Sketchbook to save your new block.
Only blocks with some piece larger than 1/3 of the block can be used as a background block. A nine-patch, for example, will not appear as a background block.