How do I copy and paste from one block to another?
You can create new blocks by mixing elements from various blocks together. For example here is how you would take a flower from one block and make it the start of a new block.
Block A = the block with the flower you want to copy
Block B = the new block you want to paste the flower on
Block C = another block with patches you want to copy
Copy the patches from block A
- Start with block A on your worktable
- Click the Pick tool.
- Use Shift+click to click on each patch you want to copy from block A, to select them all.
- Click EDIT > Copy.
Paste the patches onto block B
- Click BLOCK > New Block > PatchDraw Block.
- Click the Applique tab beneath the block.
- Click EDIT > Paste. Your copied patches are now on the new block.While the patches are still selected, you can drag from the center to move them.
- Draw any new patches you would like.
- Click Add to Sketchbook to put the block in the Sketchbook.If you want, you can now copy patches from another block (block C) to add to block B.
- Click View Sketchbook, then click the Blocks section.
- Click to select block C.
- Click the Edit button. Block C is now on the worktable.
- Repeat steps 3 – 9, above.