The block I want to use to Create Quilt from Block is not showing up. Why?
All block lines must be horizontal or vertical for Create Quilt from Block
When using the Create Quilt from Block feature, do you not see the block you have chosen to convert into a layout? If not, check the block:
- Does the block have only horizontal and vertical lines?
- If there are diagonal lines, or any other non-horizontal or non-vertical lines in the design, that block is not a candidate for Create Quilt from Block. It will not appear in the Create Quilt from Block dialog box, even though it is in the Sketchbook.
- Remember, you are creating a layout for blocks. You can always introduce angles into your design with the blocks you set into your new layout.
Drawing your own layout
You can draw your own EasyDraw blocks to turn into quilt layouts. In this way you can pre-plan block arrangement, and avoid having to use Custom Set for quilts with blocks of varying sizes.
- On the BLOCK worktable click BLOCK > New Block > EasyDraw.
- Make the block size the size you want for your quilt, or a proportional size. For example, if you want a 40 x 60 quilt you could make the block size 20″ x 30″. These sizes both have the same proportion.
- Make the Snaps the same numbers as your block size. In our example, snaps horizontal = 20 and snaps vertical = 30.
- For Snap Settings:Snap to Grid = ON
Snap to Node = ON
Snap to Line = OFF
- Using the Line tool, draw horizontal and vertical lines (only) across your block to create block spaces. The snaps will help you keep the lines straight.
- Add to Sketchbook.
- Click WORKTABLE > Work on Quilt.
- Click QUILT > Create Quilt from Block and turn your new block into a quilt layout of the size you wanted.