Sometimes you may want to delete a project, and if so, follow the steps below.
- Start EQ8 and on the Home Screen click Open an existing project, or if you’re already in EQ8, click the Open Project button.
- In the bottom-left corner of the Project Helper box, click Click here to open a project not listed above (even if you see the project you want to delete in one of the lists).
- Navigate to the location where the file is saved on your computer. EQ8 projects are save by default in:
PC: Documents > My EQ8 > Projects
Mac: Go > Home > My EQ8 > Projects
- Right-click the project name and choose Delete (PC) or Move to Trash (Mac).
- If asked if you want to delete, click Yes.
- Click Cancel to close the Open box and Cancel again to return to the worktable.
You can also delete a project outside of EQ8 using File Explorer or Finder. On a PC, navigate to Documents > My EQ8 > Projects. On a Mac, navigate to Go > Home > My EQ8 > Projects. Select the file and send it to the Recycle Bin or Trash Can.
If you delete the wrong project you can recover it. On a PC, double-click the Recycle Bin and find the deleted file. Right-click on the file and choose Restore. On a Mac, click the Trash Can. Right-click on the file and choose Put Back. The project will be sent back to its original folder. Deleted projects are gone forever once you empty the Recycle Bin or Trash.
Don’t worry if you see a deleted project name in the Most recently used projects list of the Project Helper. The name will be bumped off the list once other projects are opened.