How do I design a medallion quilt?
- Click WORKTABLE > Work on Quilt.
- Click QUILT > New Quilt > choose Horizontal or On-point.
- Click the Layout tab.
- Under Number of blocks, make Horizontal 1 and Vertical 1.
- Under Finished size of blocks, make the block size you want.
- Under Finished size of sashing, you can create a small border around the medallion by choosing a sashing size other than 0.00. For Horizontal Layouts, you must also click the check “Include sash border.”
- Click the Borders tab. You can now create as many borders, in whatever style you would like, to create multiple borders surrounding your central medallion.
- If you want a center square larger than 48″, click QUILT > Options > click “All Styles” under “Layout Options” > increase the block size allowed.
- If you want to use square blocks in your border, be sure to use a border style with “Tile” in its name. The “Tile” borders force the block to be square.