How do I design sashing without cornerstones?
The Layout Library has some layouts with long sashing. Click LIBRARIES > Layout Library > Basics by Style > Sashing. If none of these are exactly what you want, then you can design your own layout.
- On the Quilt worktable click QUILT > New Quilt > Horizontal strip quilt (or Vertical Strip quilt).
- Click the Layout tab.Strip 1:
- Under Select a strip style, choose Spaced Squares.
- Under Width, select the overall strip width (this will also be the width and height of block in your strip). For example, if you select the 10” for the strip width, your block size will be 10” x 10”.
- Work with Length and Number of Blocks to create the desired size for the strip between your blocks.Block width x number of blocks = quilt length with no strips between blocks
Small divider strip width x number of blocks = additional quilt length needed
Block width (10”) x number of blocks (5) = 10” x 5 = 50” strip length with no divider strips between blocks.
If you have 6 divider strips and want each to be 2” = 6 x 2” = 12” (the additional quilt length needed).
50” + 12” = 62”. Make your quilt length 62”.
- Strip style: Plain
- Width: 2” All other strips:
- Alternate the settings of Strip 1 and Strip 2 for the remaining strips in your quilt. To add a strip, click the Add button.
- Click the Layer 1 button when you’re ready to set blocks.