The Arc tool allows you to draw curved line segments. The arcs are perfect quarter-circle arcs when you draw them.
To draw a smooth arc
- Click on the Arc tool. The cursor changes to a pencil.
- Move the cursor to the point where you want the arc to start.
- Hold down the left mouse button and drag to where you want the arc to stop.
- Release the mouse to complete the action.
If you never touch the arc with the Shape tool, it will retain its perfect circular shape.
- When you release the mouse, the arc may seem to move a bit from where you released it. This is because lines and arcs drawn in EasyDraw will snap to points on a grid. This is the default setting. The number of points in the grid can be adjusted using the snap settings. Remember that all segments must be connected to the outside edge of the block or to one another. Snapping to a grid helps ensure that your lines and arcs are connected.
- If your curve starts to draw opposite the direction you want, press the Spacebar on your keyboard while drawing your arc to change its direction.
- Pressing the Spacebar on your keyboard will toggle between the Arc tool and the Shape tool.
- Zoom in as closely as possible to check your drawing. This is especially helpful when editing because a small area in normal view can appear quite large when you zoom.