The EQ8 Fabric Library contains over 6,000 fabrics. These fabrics are from the most popular fabric manufacturers in the industry.
Click Fabric Library from the LIBRARIES menu to display the Fabric Library dialog. It’s easy to add fabrics to your Sketchbook from one of the categories. You can add one fabric or several from as many different categories as you like before closing the Fabric Library dialog.
The fabrics in the Fabric Library are organized into 3 categories:
- Colors: These fabrics are monochromatic (or close to it). There are 49 different groups spanning a rainbow of colors. This is also where the default fabrics are stored.
- Manufacturer Basics: These fabrics are part of popular collections from manufacturers. These fabrics cover a wide range of color, pattern and design. Many of them will be familiar to you.
- Themes: These fabrics are organized into popular themes. You’ll find quite an assortment, from Dots and Stripes to Holidays and Reproductions.
The EQ8 Fabric Library has 5 sections:
- EQ Fabric Library section: This section will always be available for you to use each time you open the program. All the fabrics in the EQ Fabric Library section come with the installation of EQ8. None of these fabrics can be deleted from the program, so you don’t have to worry about accidentally removing any of these.
- My Favorite Fabrics section: This section allows you to create your own library with your favorite fabrics. After you’ve named and saved these libraries, they will be available each time you open EQ8.
- Current Sketchbook section: This section displays the fabrics currently in your Project Sketchbook.
- Search Results section: This section displays the fabrics found in your search. To use these fabrics , you need to click Add to Sketchbook, otherwise you will need to search for them again.
- Import Results section: This section displays the fabrics you import into the library using the Import feature. Once you’ve imported them to the library, you need to click Add to Sketchbook to add them to your Project Sketchbook.