The Civil War Diary and the Civil War Love Letter are not Electric Quilt Company products. They were created by an EQ user. Each CD contains an EQ5 project file. So there is no installation involved, you simply open the file from the CD into EQ7 (PC or Mac).
Opening a Civil War Project
- Have the Civil War CD in your CD-ROM drive.
- Open EQ7 (PC or Mac).
- Click the Open an Existing Project tab.
- Click the folder in the bottom-left corner marked “Click here to open a project not listed above”.
- Click the down arrow beside the “Look in:” box to drop the list.
- Click on your CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive that contains the Civil War CD in the drop-down list.
- Click the arrow beside “Files of type:” and select “Previous EQ Versions.”
- Click the project name
- Click Open. The Sketchbook will open.
Resaving a Civil War Project in EQ7
- Close the Sketchbook, if it is open.
- Click FILE > Save As on the main menu.
- Drop the list down next to Save in: and click on (My) Documents > My EQ7 > PJ7.
- Type a name for the project in the File Name box.
- Click Save.
Now you will have the original project file, still on the CD, and a newly saved EQ7 project of the same file, in your EQ7 > PJ7 folder. If you would like, you can now create a space in My Library to store the blocks then save the blocks in My Library.