Linking My Dream House blocks
You can get the My Dream House blocks right from the CD manually, and put them into EQ7.
- Put the CD into your drive > browse to the drive.
- Open the Program Files folder > Open the Electric Quilt Company folder > open the My Dream House folder > open the EQ6lib folder.
- Copy the My Dream House.BLK file.
- Browse to (My) Documents > My EQ7 > Add-on Libraries. If you do not have an Add-on Libraries folder, create one inside My EQ7.
- In the Add-on Libraries folder, create a new folder called My Dream House > paste the copied .BLK file into the My Dream House folder. You will now find the blocks in the Block Library in EQ7.
Using My Dream House projects in EQ7 (PC or Mac)
- Put the My Dream House CD in your CD ROM drive.
- Get into EQ7 > on the “Existing Projects” tab click “click here to open a project not listed above” > browse to your CD ROM drive and open it.
- Open the PJ6 folder.
- Click the down arrow beside “Files of type” and choose Previous EQ Versions. (The My Dream House projects are EQ6 project files.)
- Click any project file (note the name, because you will need to name the file again) > click Open > close the Sketchbook.
Saving the My Dream House project in EQ7 (PC or Mac)
- Click FILE > Save as > in the “Save in:” box on top, navigate to (My) Documents > My EQ7 > PJ7.
- Type the project name.
- Click Save.
To use any project, just open EQ7, and you’ll see the MDH projects in your EQ7 Existing projects list if you’ve followed the steps above.