How do I play with block settings in a horizontal layout?
Although the Symmetry tool is available for all the quilt layouts, it performs best with a Horizontal layout with no sashing. The symmetries are applied to groups of 4 blocks starting in the upper left corner of the quilt.
- Start with a Horizontal quilt on your worktable.
- Use the Set Block tool to set blocks in all spaces, making sure the blocks are asymmetrical (not identical if cut in half)
- Click the Symmetry tool.
- Hover the mouse cursor over the quilt click to see the first the first symmetry effect.
- Continue to click to see all 16 variations.
- Click Add to Sketchbook for any variations that you like.