Preparing Images for Printing from EQ8 onto Photo Fabric
Follow the instructions below if you plan to print your photo onto printable photo fabric directly from EQ8. The file sizes of these images will be large, which could slow down the program.
- Click the Image Worktable button on the upper right hand side.
- Click the Image tab then Edit in the ribbon below and Import Image in the palette. This should be the only option that is available if you don’t have an image currently in the Image Worktable.
- Select a photo and click Open.
- Click Add to Sketchbook to save the original version of your image. (optional)
- Make any color adjustments, or add affects and filters now. Add to Sketchbook. Check out the Applying Effects and Applying Filters help articles to get started. (optional)
- Click the Image tab then Edit in the ribbon below and Resize in the palette. You’ll want the resolution to be at least 100-150 ppi for printing onto fabric.
- To increase the resolution, click the drop-down and select either Linear and averaging or Bicubic and averaging. Then change the resolution to 150. Click OK.
- If your resolution is high (200 or higher), but you notice the width and height are small, increase the width and height and leave the resolution as is. Make the width and height larger than what your final image should be (example: If your final image will be 10″ x 7″, then change the dimensions to 12″ x 8″. This gives you plenty of room for cropping and adding seam allowance.
This image’s resolution needs to be increased to 150ppi. Select Bicubic and averaging and change the resolution to 150.
This image’s resolution is high, but the dimensions are too small to get a 10″x7″ print. Select Bicubic and averaging, leave Maintain aspect ratio checked, and change the dimensions to a larger size than your finished size (example: 12″ x 8″).
- Click the Crop tool . Please note before cropping! To accommodate for shrinkage and seam allowance, add 0.5″ to the width and height before cropping.
- In the Palette Options, highlight the number for Width and enter your new size (10.5 for a final width of 10″). Do the same for Height (7.5 for a final height of 7″).
- Hover your cursor inside the crop box on the image and click and drag to move the the box on your image so it’s in the best position.
- When you are satisfied with the crop selection, click the Apply button on the Precision Bar, click Enter on your keyboard, or double-click inside the crop box.
- Click Add to Sketchbook.
- Click IMAGE > Edit > Resize Photo. Check the dimensions of your photo to see if you need to make any changes before printing your final photo.
- Click PRINT & EXPORT > Print > Photo Layout.
- Scroll through the photos on the right column until you find the photo you want to print.
- Click, hold and drag the photo to the photo layout.
- Use the positioning tools to get the best use of the sheet of fabric.
- Click Print.
This photo was prepared for printing at “10 x 7” on printable photo fabric