How do I convert a Machine Applique Design into Embroidery?
- Start with a machine applique design on the Stitch tab of the Stitching worktable.
- To convert a patch filled with fabric to stitches, click the Set Fill Stitch tool. (The Set Fill Stitch tool is not on the Machine Applique toolbar by default. You may need to add this tool to the toolbar. See Customize Toolbar for help on adding tools.)
- Click on a fill stitch pattern in the palette to select it.
- Click on the fabric-filled patch in the design that you want to convert to embroidery. This will change the fill and the edge properties. You will need to adjust the edge properties to make sure they are the setting that you want.
- Click the Set Edge Stitch tool and adjust the properties in the Precision Bar.
- Click the edge of the patch to adjust the edge properties.
- If you like, you can adjust underlay setting for the patch.
- The final step is to set thread color in the fill and edge. Click the Set Thread tool.
- Select a thread color in the palette and click the edge and fill to place the color(s).