Error code 5013 means you’ve exceeded the number of activations allowed on your EQ software license key. All EQ software after EQ6 can be installed an unlimited number of times, but only 2 computers can be activated at one time. You can “turn on” and “turn off” activations to choose which computers you want to work on.
You can deactivate a computer through the Help menu of the software. Or, if you need to deactivate a computer you no longer have access to, use the form below.
To Deactivate EQ8:
- Start EQ8.
- Click Help on the top menu bar and choose Deactivate EQ8 on this Computer.
- Choose Yes when asked if you’d like to deactivate.
- EQ8 will close and the program will be deactivated. The activation can now be used on another computer.
- If you’d like to reactivate this computer at a later time, double-click on the EQ8 icon. In the window that appears, click Activate EQ8.
- Enter your license ID and password and click Continue.
- After you see the message that activation was successful, click Continue again. EQ8 will open.
Deactivate Your License
Please fill out the form below to completely deactivate your license. This will deactivate all computers on your license, including those to which you no longer have access. This does not uninstall your software or remove any EQ files from any of your computers. It simply deactivates (turns off) your license so you may reactivate on a different computer.