.BLK files contain blocks. .FAB files contain fabrics. These files cannot be opened. They must saved in the appropriate folder to be visible in EQ8. Then the blocks and fabrics can be viewed in the Block or Fabric Library.
Downloading a .BLK or .FAB file into EQ8 (PC or Mac)
- On the webpage offering the download, click to download the .BLK or .FAB file.
- Choose to Save the file. (Do not try to open it.) The file will save into your Downloads folder.
- Find the downloaded .BLK or .FAB file. Use CTRL+X (Command+X) to simultaneously copy and remove the file. The file will disappear (or become a transparent color), but it is copied.
- Navigate to Documents > My EQ8 > Add-on Libraries.
- Create a folder inside Add-on Libraries and name it something relative to your library. Moda Fabrics, for example.
- Open the newly created folder.
- Use CTRL+V (Command+V) to paste the copied file into the Add-on Libraries folder.
- To see the items in EQ8, click Libraries on the top menu bar. Click Block Library (for .BLK files) or Fabric Library (for .FAB files).
- In the library, use the vertical scrollbar to scroll down past the built-in libraries. The library files you’ve saved in the Add-on Libraries folder will appear below the built-in library categories.
You can create your own .BLK or .FAB files by saving blocks or fabrics in EQ8’s My Favorite Library.
- Blocks saved in the My Favorite Blocks section of the library create a .BLK file in Documents > My EQ8 > User Favorites.
- Fabrics saved in My Favorite Fabrics section of the library create a .FAB file in Documents > My EQ8 > User Favorites.