Applique Motifs use the same tools and features as Applique Blocks. With the motifs, however, you are drawing your block without a background patch. This gives the effect of the block floating on your quilt. Designs drawn using the Applique Motifs tools should be set on Layers 2 or 3 on the Quilt Worktable.
- Click NEW BLOCK > Applique, then choose Motif. For motifs, there are no worktable layer tabs at the bottom of the screen.
- Design your motif like you would an Applique Block.
- When you click Add to Project Sketchbook, your design will be added to either the Motifs or Stencils tab in your Sketchbook.
- If there is at least one or more closed patches in the drawing, the design will be added to the Motifs tab to be used on Layer 2 of the quilt.
- If the design is made up of ONLY open curves or line segments, instead of closed patches, the design will be added to the Stencils tab to be used on Layer 3 of the quilt.