The Mac version that was initially released did not include the final files. This affected the PDFs on the Help menu, Auto Borders and a few other things. We have now resolved the issue. Please go back to your account and download the updated file and reinstall.
- Log into your EQ account. https://electricquilt.com/online-shop/account/
- Click on My Downloads.
- Find Electric Quilt 8 in the list.
- Click the blue Download File button. Let the file download completely.
- Find the download in your Downloads folder.
- Double-click the file to open the DMG.
- Double-click the trash can icon at the bottom of the DMG window. This will uninstall the bad version of EQ8.
- When it’s uninstalled, go ahead and reinstall by dragging the EQ8 icon and dropping it onto the Applications folder icon inside the DMG window.
- Open EQ8. You’ll know it’s fixed if the PDFs show up from the Help menu and if there are no errors when you click on Auto Borders on the Quilt Worktable.
We apologize for this inconvenience.