Farmer’s Wife can be linked to EQ7 so you can use its blocks and fabrics in EQ7 projects as well as edit the Farmer’s Wife quilt.
Opening Farmer’s Wife as a project in EQ7 (PC or Mac)
- Put the Farmer’s Wife Sampler Quilt Companion CD for EQ5 and EQ6 into your CD ROM drive.
- Get into EQ7.
- Close the Tip of the Day.
- Click the “Open an existing project” tab.
- Click the “Click here to open a project not listed above” file folder at the left corner.
- In the “Look in:” window at top, click the down arrow and navigate to your CD ROM drive.
- You will see two folders: My EQ5 and My EQ6.
- Double-click the PJ6 folder to open it.
- At the bottom of the box, click the arrow beside the “Files of type” window and click “Previous EQ versions.” (The project is from a previous EQ version, EQ6.)
- You will now see the project name. Click it and click Open to open it.
- Close the Sketchbook.
Saving Farmer’s Wife as an EQ7 project (PC or Mac)
Once you have opened Farmer’s Wife as a project in EQ7, you can save the EQ6 Farmer’s Wife project as an EQ7 project.
- Close the Sketchbook.
- Click FILE > Save as.
- In the “Save in:” box (at top) click the down arrow and then click (My) Documents.
- In the center window click My EQ7> then click PJ7.
- Type the project name: Farmer’s Wife
- Click Save.
Linking Farmer’s Wife’s fabrics and blocks to EQ7 (PC)
- With the Farmer’s Wife Sampler Quilt Companion CD for EQ6 still in your CD ROM drive, click START > Computer > right-click the CD drive > click Open.
- Double-click the My EQ6 folder to open it.
- Double-click the User folder to open it. You will see 2 files.
- Hold down your keyboard SHIFT key, click on one file, and then the other. They should both now be highlighted.
- Use CTRL+C to copy the files.
- Navigate to: (My) Documents > My EQ7 > USER.
- Open the USER folder.
- Use CTRL+V (Command+V) to paste the Farmer’s Wife libraries.
You will now find the blocks in LIBRARIES > Block Library > My Library.
You will now find the fabrics in LIBRARIES > Fabric Library > My Library.
Linking Farmer’s Wife fabrics and blocks to EQ7 (Mac)
- Insert the CD and view contents of the CD on your mac.
- Open the My EQ6 folder and the User folder.
- Use Command+C to copy the .blk, and .fab files.
- Go to Documents > My EQ7 > Add-on Libraries > create a new folder named for Farmer’s Wife.
- Use Command+V to paste the copied files into the new folder.
You will now find the blocks in LIBRARIES > Block Library.
You will now find the fabrics in LIBRARIES > Fabric Library.
Why do I see blank Farmer’s Wife fabric styles in EQ7?
You will notice blank styles, along with styles filled with fabric. The blank styles will come before the “filled” styles. You are not missing fabrics. The blank styles are there because the person who created this fabric library for Farmer’s Wife back in EQ5 (The Farmer’s Wife is not an EQ product) left empty styles in the file. Because EQ7 now alphabetizes style names, these blank styles appear in front of (above) the first named style.