Understanding Activation and Deactivation
EQ7 can be installed and activated unlimited times, but only 2 computers can be activated at one time. You can “turn on” and “turn off” activations to choose which computers you want to work on.
Watch this Video
How many computers can I install EQ7 on?
You can install EQ7 on as many computers as you want, however only 2 computers can be active at a time. If you want to use EQ7 on your laptop, but it’s already activated on your desktop and your work computer, you’ll need to deactivate on 1 computer before activating on your laptop. Again, activating and deactivating is a quick and simple process over the Internet.
This diagram shows a scenario a registered EQ7 user might encounter. Notice that EQ7 has been installed on 5 computers. It is only active on 2 computers. If the user wants to take her Netbook with her on vacation, she’d have to deactivate 1 of the 2 computers, and reactivate on her Netbook.
When should I deactivate my EQ7?
- Before you give your computer away.
- Before you change your computer by reformatting, or upgrading to Windows 10.
- If you get a new computer and no longer plan to use EQ7 on your older computer.
This deactivation will “save” the activation, and it will be ready for you to re-use when you’re ready.
More about deactivating
- Your computer needs to be connected to the Internet to deactivate.
- If you have reached the limit of authorized activations, you can deactivate EQ7 on one computer and reactivate on another.
- You do not need to uninstall files.
- If your activated computer has died, so you cannot deactivate, call EQ Tech Support (419-352-1134 M-F, 9-5 EST) and we can deactivate your dead computer. This will free up the activation so you can re-use it to activate another computer.
How to deactivate EQ7
Windows 8 or Windows 10
- Press the Windows Key on your keyboard to bring up the Start screen.
- Right click on an empty area of the start screen.
- Select “All Apps” from the menu that appears at the bottom of the screen.
- In the list of programs that appear, under the “Electric Quilt” heading, click on “EQ7 Deactivate this Computer“.
Windows 7, Vista, or XP
Click START > Programs > Electric Quilt > EQ7 > EQ7 Deactivate this Computer.
This will return the activation to the activation server so that you can use it in the future on the same computer or on a different one. You can quickly and easily reactivate by clicking on the EQ7 icon. The activation process will begin automatically.
- Launch the Electric Quilt App.
- In the menu bar at the top of the screen, go to Electric Quilt > Deactivate.
If you do not see Deactivate on the menu, that may occur when you have the Mac’s language set to anything but English. If you temporarily switch your Mac’s language to English, the deactivate option will appear where it should be.