If you’d like to use a panel fabric in your EQ8 quilt design, you can! The best way is to find an image of the panel online. Once you’ve acquired the image and saved it to your computer follow the steps below. Take note of where you saved the image on your computer!
Import the panel image
- After you’ve saved the image of the panel to your computer (and noted where it’s saved), open EQ8.
- Open the Photo Library (Libraries > Photo Library).
- Click the Import >> From Image Files button.
- Navigate to where you saved the panel image, select and open it.
- Click the Add to Sketchbook button and close the Photo Library. The photo is now in the Photos section of your Sketchbook, ready for you to place in your quilt.
Set up your quilt for the panel
- Go to the Quilt Worktable and click New Quilt > Horizontal > then click the Layout tab.
- On the layout tab, select “1” for number of blocks horizontal and vertical.
- Make the block size the same size as the panel (for example, 24″ by 44″).
- Switch to the Borders tab and add borders if you’d like (or you can come back to borders later).
- Switch to the Design tab, click Photo Tools in the ribbon, then click the Set Photo tool. You’ll see a small thumbnail of the panel photo you imported. Click on the thumbnail, then click in the center of the quilt.
Note: If the photo looks skewed, your quilt center must not match the size of the panel. Double check your sizes on the Layout Tab.
After you’ve placed the panel image in your quilt, you can add borders, blocks, or color the quilt!
In this example, we used a panel from the “Planted with Love” collection by Cherry Guidry for Benartex (Contempo Studio).